Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 11 Somethings Fishy





Today started off great! I slept 9 hours after the hard ride yesterday, still managed to get up before 5:30 and spend a couple of hours working on a Yearly training plan.

Then with the help of my lovely wife made a delicious pineapple, mango coconut smoothie. Then we made a great salad for me to take to work complete with homemade dressing! YUM!

For some reason today was a high blood sugar day and for whatever reason I could not seem to keep it down until this afternoon, which of course was fitting because I had to visit my endocrinologist (diabetic doctor) so maybe I was stressed thinking about my visit. So aside from getting a 7.5 A1c which is an average BG of 169 (I was expecting something more along the lines of a 6.5 which is what my meter average would indicate and I am suspicious that they are not calibrating their equipment, just based on my interaction with the person who administered the test) my weight was down 2 lbs, and I had a fine visit with my doctor, then I got ripped off by the parking garage. I got to the doctors office at about 3:10 and left at 5:15 and they charged me for 3 hours, $5 I guess is not so bad compared to the cost of the visit.

So I came home to find that Melissa had been shopping today, which let me know that she must be feeling better! Unfortunately she bought Dulce flakes which I think must be made of old rotten fish and seaweed,,,,,, bleh. She mixed up this awful concoction and then made me drink it while she laughed raucously and took pictures.

Needless to say we will not be adding the blended whatever it was to the regular menu once this cleanse is done.

Ok this drink not only looked hideous, it smelled and tasted worse, no joke there. But the good news is that we are well over the hump with this cleanse and it really has not been starvation. I feel like I am eating as much as I want, but simply controling the times and what I am eating. True, I have not had beer, wine, chocolate, eggs, coffee, grapefruit, pizza, oatmeal, toast, tacos, burritos, bacon, cheese, ginger snaps, christmas cookies at the office, pasta when we went out to eat with Melissa's family at the old spagetti factory or a bunch of other stuff for 2 weeks counting the elimination phase. But I am not craving this stuff either,,,, at least at this point. I mentioned to my endo today that it was really a great time of year to do this because I will not nickel and dime my nutrition, like I usually do in December and I am not even tempted to do so. Pretty nice actually!

Seaweed shakes on the other hand :( I say again,,,bleh. If I was starving it would be ok and we put enough valuable produce in this shake that I am not going to throw it out, but Melissa has made it clear that she is not going to drink it and I don't blame here.

So that is my report for the day, I am getting up to spin at 5:45 hopefully with some friends, but for now, I have to go and find some dog poop to get the taste of that awful drink out of my mouth
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment